Return To Jobs
Apply For Job
Operating Room Nurse
- Fulltime Operating Room Nurse
About the Position
As an OR Nurse, you will work alongside and assist doctors, surgeons, and other members of the surgical team to ensure patients receive the best possible care and outcome. Due to the intense nature of surgical procedures, an Operating Room Nurse must be a quick thinker and be able to remain calm under pressure.
At The Surgery Center, an OR Nurse may potentially take on the duties involved with Circulating or Scrubbing and will need to maintain continuous nursing vigilance throughout the procedure. As an Operating Room RN, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology alongside world-class orthopedic surgeons and a dedicated team of surgical nurses in state-of-the-art facilities. Many of the RNs at VVSC are able to both scrub and circulate; we offer scrub training to qualified candidates.
We are supportive of your education and progress toward BSN as well as your CNOR certification.
Types of Cases:
The Surgical Unit at The Surgery Center
- Most are orthopedic cases in addition to:
- Ortho cases generally consist of:
- Sports Medicine
- Total Joints
The team at The Surgery Center discuss the culture and family environment of the center
- Work with USA Olympic Team Surgeons
- We specialize in Orthopedics, Pain Management, and Gastroenterology
- $10k sign on bonus with 2 year commitment and up to $7k for relocation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- Childcare reimbursement ($1000 for one child, $2,000 for two or more children)
- Employee dependent scholarships
- Student loan forgiveness program
- Payroll deduction for ski passes and discounted gym memberships
- Corporate volunteer program
- Employee wellness program
- Professional development opportunities and funds
- Diversity training
- Fun volunteer opportunities, such as Pink Vail
- Quarterly bonus
Discover what it is like to live and work in Vail!
About The Surgery Center
The Surgery Center is a world-class facility in a world-class resort. Our Vail center is centrally located on the main campus of the Vail Health Hospital. Whether you are a local resident, a visitor to the area, or have come specifically to be treated in our top-notch facility, we treat every patient with the same high level of care.
We opened the doors to our multi-specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center in 2002, and since then have continued to offer only the best technology, treatment, and expertise. You'll receive individualized attention in the warm and comfortable atmosphere of our state-of-the-art center.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
#orrn #operatingroomregisterednurse #nursejobs #nurserecruitment #vailvalleysurgerycenter #vvsc #vail #vailCO #colorado
- 1 year of operating room experience
- Ortho experience, preferred
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Colorado or valid compact state
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)