Clinic Nurse Manager:
$80k to $100K annual salary based on experience
This position is full-time (40 hours/week)Â and comes with our full benefits package which includes health insurance, employer matching retirement plan, paid time off and more! Apply now for this fantastic opportunity and join our team today!
This includes daily supervision of nursing staff, monitoring performance and developing skills required to ensure compliance with hospital and clinic policies and in accordance with CMS and Joint Commission rules and standards. Responsible for the training, education and competencies of staff, which is essential to the success of the clinics. Develop, implement and ensure compliance with policies and procedures pertinent to nursing staff and HRRMC. All duties and responsibilities listed in this job description apply to and are are intended to be followed by the Clinics Nurse Manager at both Clinic facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESÂ include the following:
The Clinics Nurse Manager works collaboratively with the Clinics Manager and is responsible for the following.
1. Ensures superior ongoing patient satisfaction and customer service
2. Conducts supervisory and managerial responsibilities of nursing staff and nursing support staff (CMA) in a positive, professional manner
3. Exercises exceptional use of problem solving, conflict management and team building skills to foster effective work relationships with subordinates, peers, superiors, and providers
4. Works collaboratively with the Clinics Manager in planning, developing and monitoring budgets for the outpatient clinics and medical practices
5. Has working knowledge and understanding of the revenue cycle
6. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of each medical practice to include staffing, patient flow, nursing process, and EHR to facilitate the cohesive function of clinic activities
7. In collaboration with the Clinics Manager, responsible for the implementation of processes and procedures to work efficiently, to increase revenue opportunities through new service lines, improved scheduling and maximized patient encounters for each medical practice
8. Exercises excellent interpersonal relationship skills in the management of personnel
a. Screens, interviews and selects candidates
b. Provides orientation, training and direction to employees to new employees
c. Schedules, supervises, and evaluates work performance
d. Anticipates and solves problems of staff and providers as necessary to ensure their maximum effectiveness.
e. Coordinates, facilitates, arranges for and ensures staff and provider education: clinical/medical, EHR, safety, policy, other
f. Reviews and approves clinic time records and resolves discrepancies
9. Ensures all Clinics staffing meets or exceeds established MGMA or other benchmarks
10. Assures that Meaningful Use, PQRS and/or Macra/Mips or other quality payment requirements are maximized, met on time and maintained in all clinics/practices.
11. In collaboration with the Clinics Manager, coordinates scheduling of clinic providers and clinical support staff to provide adequate care and coverage during all clinic and call hours, including increasing and reducing staffing as appropriate.
12. Ability to work as clinic nurse, in any specialty practice, as needed, in instances of staff shortages or implementing new service lines, to cover vacation and sick time and/or at other times
13. Maintains positive provider relations; acts as a liaison between providers, staff, and administration
14. Produces and provides specified reports on a regular and as-requested basis for presentation to Executive Leadership, with requested status or values of finance, productivity, patient activity and completed encounters.
Keeps abreast of all regulations and standards; and assures compliance with rules, advisories, orders or directives issued by duly constituted governmental/regulatory/accrediting agencies
15. Actively participates in and is responsible for clinics quality management functions, performance improvement, customer service, quality control and quality improvement and control activities for the clinics and the individual HRRMC clinic practices housed therein as well as outreach clinics, coordinating, aligning and reporting those functions and activities as appropriate with HRRMC
16. Actively participates in customer/guest relations and mandatory education programs, incorporating AIDET into every nursing staff interaction with patients
17. Follows HRRMC Hospital, Ambulatory Clinic and departmental policies and procedures
18. Complies with and ensures staff compliance of, the hospitalâ€™s Corporate Compliance Program including, but not limited to, the Code of Conduct, and all other over-arching HRRMC policies.
19. Performs other duties as assigned
20. Work days and hours may occasionally include early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed
20. Actively participates in the HRRMC Organizational Strategic plan and the departmental strategic plan.
Directly supervises part-time, full-time and PRN nursing staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (ADA); and minimum two years of experience in hospital and/or clinics. BSN strongly preferred.
Three to five years of multispecialty medical clinic management experience
Overall technology savvy with experience and proficiency in electronic medical records
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current and maintained active license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
Current and maintained CPR certification.
Current and maintained ACLS certification