By Altra Healthcare - February 19, 2018
Job Title - RN Surgical Services
**Must have Operating Room experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Provides nursing care utilizing the nursing process through all phases of surgicalprocedures.
2. Collaborates with all members of the surgical team for the benefit of thepatient.
3. Demonstrates clinical competence in surgical skills and a superior sterileconscience.
4. Rotates to all areas in surgical services as census changes and to accommodate patientneeds.
5. Promotes the efficient use of hospital resources and ensures proper supplies and equipment are accessible at alltimes.
6. Accurately documents all patient care in the medicalrecords.
7. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times, discussing patient or hospital business only when appropriate and necessary to provide quality patientcare.
8. Applies AIDETS and promotes positive communication and relationships. Employs tact and courtesy at all times, with patients, physicians, visitors and co-workers. Continually strives to establish and maintain good rapport and working relationships to foster positive intra- and interdepartmentalcommunications.
9. Observes hospital and department policies and procedures and safetyrules
10. Reviews and updates policiesannually.
11. Ensures all mandatory educationally requirements are current withoutlapse.
1. Regularly attends department and unit staffmeetings.
2. Promotes positive communication and relationships within the unit, with Medical staff and with other hospitaldepartments.
3. Maintains a clean, safe and orderlyenvironment.
4. Assists Nurse Manager with Performance Improvement projects, Capital and Minor Budget planning and implementation.
5. Serves as mentor and orients new employees as requested.
6. Actively participates in the HRRMC Organizational Strategic plan.
Supervises the surgical services technician and clerk. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BSN strongly preferred. Minimum of an Associate’s Degree (ADN) from an accredited nursing program. Minimum of one year in area of specialty or acute care.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, physicians and employees of the Medical Center.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
This position may require special skills listed below: Must be able to adjust to:
1. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls andinquiries
2. Emergency or crisissituations
3. Must be able to acceptcall.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must maintain current, active license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado. Must maintain current CPR certification.
Must maintain current ACLS certification. Must maintain current PALS or PEARS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to walk or sit; and must be able to smell in order to detect changes in odors. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision for reading medical records, monitors and other equipment; distance vision to be able to observe patients, monitors across the room; color vision to observe patient for changes, color of fluids; peripheral vision to function in emergency situations involving many staff members; and ability to adjust focus while looking from patient to other areas.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and cleaning agents, must work near moving mechanical parts. Employee is in contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate; it is directly affected by the types of surgical equipment and devices being used.
HAZARDS to which this position may be exposed are listed below:
Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases, blood, body fluids and tissues; regularly exposed to infections and contagious diseases; regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles, and common cleaning agents, i.e. CIDEX.
Maintains patient, employee, and hospital confidentiality at all times, discussing patient, employee, or hospital business only with appropriate parties who have a bona fide need to know; and communicating only the minimum amount of information necessary with respect to protected health information (PHI) as identified by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
By Altra Healthcare - December 8, 2017
Speech Language Pathologist Altra Healthcare Staffing - Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Are you a caring, compassionate, and hard-working Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)? Do you want to work for a company that is dedicated to helping children? Are you seeking a position that will allow for you to teach, lead, be creative, learn and grow? If you answered “YES,” we want you to join our team! We specialize in the treatment and management of infants, children, adolescents and young adults with a variety of congenital, developmental, neurological or acquired disorders/diseases. We take a holistic and inner disciplinary team approach to therapy allowing for the best results for our clients and their families while engaging in the community we serve through various projects and initiatives. As a Speech Language Pathologist, you will Provide early intervention services utilizing speech/language and communication expertise, family and community centered practices to ensure families have options in fostering the development of their child. You will provide education and consultation services as well as assist in social and economic services for our clients. You will be encouraged to use creative techniques in therapy and work with other disciplines to develop and execute therapy.
Why Altra?: This is a great time to join the growing community based rehabilitation industry. Our company offers: · Locally Owned and operated · Contract and W2 positions available · Full time or part time positions · Competitive per visit rates · Attractive benefits package including mileage, medical, CEU assistance, Discount rates on certifications, and a lending library for therapy use · Flexible schedule options · Mentoring and training programs · Full administrative support team
Minimum Job Requirements: · New Graduates are encouraged to apply! · Minimum master’s degree in the field of Speech Therapy from an Accredited educational program · Meet the education and experience requirements for a Certification of Clinical Competence in speech pathology or audiology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association · CO State License issued by DORA (Department of Regulatory Agencies) · CPR/ First Aid Certification · TB Test
Preferred Experience: · Experience in Home Health or other Community Based setting · Experience with Pediatrics in any setting
Altra is providing occupational, speech, and physical therapies to children in Colorado Springs and surroundings areas and we continue to grow every day. We aim to provide a respectful, caring, consistent, comprehensive, progressive, and effective therapeutic experience for each of our clients and their families from infancy to adulthood.
Altra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply