Return To Jobs
Apply For Job
Director of Network Operations
Title: Director, Network Operations
The Director of Network Operations will report to the Vice President of Network Operations and will oversee Business Operations functions. The Director will lead an internal team, who collaboratively produce work aimed at supporting and strengthening Cardinal Innovation’s mission. As a leader, the Director will develop and execute strategies that position Cardinal, its leadership and business favorably. To do this, this position is responsible for the development of departmental strategic plans that align with the department’s overall business goals, anticipating challenges and future needs.
This candidate must have the ability to oversee the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of operational procedures, identify and analyze administrative and programmatic problems, make independent judgments, logical conclusions, recommendations and decisions. The Director must be able to understand Cardinal Innovation’s goals and desired outcomes in relation to the Network Operations Department. As such, the ideal candidate for this role has proven experience leading cross-functional initiatives, managing a multi-discipline workforce.
Responsibilities and Duties
Business Operations Responsibilities
Functional Specific Responsibilities
- Build and serve as the primary point of contact for a multi-discipline management team.
- Drive development of scalable, risk averse core processes.
- Develop and implement an operating cadence and performance management plan with clear and measurable metrics.
- Provide internal consultative services to senior leadership in an effort to strategize and execute Cardinal Innovations business objectives.
- Oversee ongoing departmental quality checks to ensure accurate and timely credentialing processing.
- Ensure identification and implementation of best practices and contract policy and procedural improvements are constantly a priority.
- Safeguard, at a high level, contract and credentialing compliance.
- Oversee the performance of provider network servicing, performance and data reporting, Evaluate Network data and outcomes as deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Lead the day-to-day network operations side of the business.
- Contribute to forward strategy and planning for the business in a constantly evolving and challenging environment.
- Manage and analyze ongoing performance against established goals and success measures.
- Provide training, ongoing mentoring and consultation to team members, providers, and internal staff on Cardinal Innovation’s applicable policies and procedures.
- Identify gaps in processes and develop plans to address gaps in an efficient and effective manner.
Required Training and Education
- Able to read and comprehend complex written materials as well as spoken information.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, as well as ensure direct reports are doing the same.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in collaborative, strategic and analytical thinking.
- Proven experience uncovering obstacles and implementing an innovative troubleshooting approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to take leadership simultaneous on multiple projects.
- Proven ability to manage large-scale projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and highly collaborative environment.
- Expected to work well in a technically complex environment.
- Display willingness to make timely decisions; exhibits sound, accurate and independent judgment.
This is an office-based position which often requires long hours of sitting and working in front of a computer, utilizing computer technologies. This position will have some periodic travel to other Cardinal Innovations Healthcare sites within North Carolina for business meetings. Professional business attire is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 10+ years of progressive healthcare experience including at least 5 years of Behavioral Health network management or related network operations management. Advanced degree ideal.
- Advanced proficiency with Healthcare, Managed Care Organization, or Managed Behavioral Healthcare.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a staff of direct reports.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others.
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization both internal and external.
- Experience in strategic positioning, developing, executing and adhering to business plans.
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)