Sr. Healthcare Accountant
The Senior Accountant position is responsible for a variety of duties including month-end bank and balance sheet account reconciliations, generating monthly journal entries, generating monthly reports used in the department and assisting with the preparation of schedules for the annual audit. This position will work closely with all members of the Finance Department to ensure the smooth flow of operations.
: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
: Minimum of two years accounting experience within a hospital setting, 3 years or more preferred. Must have experience and familiarity with cost and DSH report, closing month-end, balance sheet reconciliation, journal entry creation, ad hoc reporting, fixed assets, and working with outside auditors. Knowledge of accounting principles; ability to use Windows, Excel and Word Programs.
: None required; CPA is a plus.
- Promote the mission, values, and vision of the hospital.
- Maintain specified hospital and clinic financial records; maintains and reconciles account ledgers; maintains and enters monthly journal entries, maintains and reconciles bank accounts.
- Analyzes accounts to trace discrepancies or errors.
- Assist in developing and maintain advanced Excel spreadsheets for a variety of applications.
- Assist in preparation of internal departmental budgets and submits periodic budget reports to executive team and managers.
- Assist in preparation of annual cost report & DSH report.
- Assist in preparation for annual independent audit. Provides accurate and reliable information as needed for any other reports or audits as requested.
- Submit reports and respond to inquiries from state and federal agencies, third-party payers, and other outside parties.
- Assist in preparation of reports and financial statements for Board Meetings.
- Analyze and monitors financial data, trends, and indicators. This review and analysis is both on a standard, ongoing basis as well as on request.
- Assess financial impact of proposed services and programs and monitors financial cost/benefit of existing programs and services.
- Analyze the Charge Master.
- Analyze and report fiscal activity, makes recommendations, and/or takes appropriate action to reduce the cost of providing services.
- Investigate, gather information, and answer routine queries arising from CFO, Administration, and Directors.
- Prepare statistical reports and create standard and ad hoc reports for CFO and other departments as requested.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of processes and procedures in regards to the accounting system.
- Apply basic accounting knowledge and techniques to all areas of work, including routine costing and variance analysis.
- Perform financial calculations to support financial transactions.
- Assist in ensuring departmental compliance with established policies and other regulatory standards, including safety, environmental and legal requirements, and policies and procedures, both internal and external.
- Participate in performance improvement.
- Communicate pertinent information to employees.
- Provide clerical and general support to controller as directed.
- Assist the controller with special projects reports as requested.