Weekdays, some weekend coverage
The Culinary Services Manager will have direct responsibility for the success of the food program for the Senior Care Center (SCC). This position will provide for the budgeting, ordering, delivery, and preparation of foods to be served on a daily basis to all residents and staff at SCC. In addition this position will provide direction to the kitchen staff on nutrition, portions, menus, work methods, and staffing levels. This position will also be responsible for planning and serving special events as requested.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or food related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Three to Five years of culinary experience in a health care setting preferred. Candidate must be knowledgeable of USDA and HACCP food safety guidelines, particularly as they pertain to long-term care facilities and specific diet orders. Candidate also must demonstrate ability to work in a collaborative, consensus building atmosphere.
Licenses/Certification: Accreditation as Certified Dietary Manager preferred. Must be eligible for a Colorado Driver’s License; valid Colorado Driver’s License required within six (6) months of employment and maintained current thereafter.
- Develop constructive communication and working relationships with SCC food service and non-food service staff, as well as residents and their families.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate culinary service personnel.
- Ensure staffing requirements are fulfilled and that proper training mechanisms are in place.
- Develop daily task logs and educate culinary service personnel on how to best complete the logs and document said completion.
- Assist, with facility Administrator, in the planning and preparation of the annual budget.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce sanitary standards for the purpose of ensuring safety of staff and residents, as well as ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Develop monthly menus for the purpose of ensuring high quality cuisine within regulatory and budgetary constraints.
- Maintain appropriate purchasing procedures and tracking/storage methods for the purpose of efficient auditing of culinary services operation.
- Ensure constructive, regular and fluid communication among Culinary services employees by providing information about expectations, goals and objectives.
- Ensure, in conjunction with Registered Dietician (RD), that resident’s nutritional needs are being met in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Analyze work methods and implement systems that best ensures highest productivity.
- Promote reduction in operating costs by analyzing costs of materials, equipment, and labor to attain higher efficiency.
- Responsible for screening and arranging interviews to best ensure staff competency.
- Represent the Culinary services department to other SCC departments, residents' families, administrator, state regulators, outside agencies, and the Board of Directors as requested.
- Attend facility wide leadership team meetings.
- Assist in the creation, implementation, review, and enforcement of department and facility policies and procedures.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for SCC disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.