1. Develops and achieves goals that are in alignment with our goals and mission. Develops and implements processes to enhance clinic operations and practices for ongoing quality improvement. Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities to enhance the delivery of clinical care.
2. Available 24/7 to ensure that personnel demonstrate quality standards of customer satisfaction and patient care. Assures compliance with productivity standards for assigned area/units. Serves on a nursing council, hospital, or medical center committee, task force, or project team to improve patient care and OR efficiencies.
3. Identifies clinical operational needs; manages appropriate level of equipment and supplies and monitors equipment maintenance. Assesses the environment and makes recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various regulatory bodies such as OSHA, and JCAHO and clinical policies and procedures.
4. Collaborates in the development, implementation and expansion of learning opportunities and skill development for all staff. Analyzes, develops and maintains an effective and efficient nursing care delivery system that reflects patient and family needs across the continuum to achieve desired outcomes.
5. Participates in planning, preparing, and prioritizing of budgets for assigned areas of responsibility. Monitors compliance, investigates variances and provides plans for remediation.
6. Uses critical thinking in planning, priority-setting, and decision-making while ensuring positive working systems exist to support the staff's ability to meet patient needs.
7. Is a role model inspiring others through displayed optimism, provides intellectual stimulation, and encourages follower creativity. Ability to create a positive culture and assure staff accountability.
8. Effectively collects, evaluates and presents data for departmental reports. Utilizes data to drive positive departmental professional growth setting goals, monitoring progress and educating staff to achieve positive outcomes.
9. Provides effective visionary leadership in development of policies, procedures, and protocols that are to be used to integrate systems, coordinate tasks and effectively change delivery systems to reflect today’s health care environment.
10. In accordance with current employment practices (including the policies of the nursing and human resources departments and agreements):
11. Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
12. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.