About our Health System
• Largest health system in the region, encompassing seven locations
• 49-bed level III acute care hospital
• 17-bed critical access hospital
• 2 multi-specialty clinics, including cardiology, neurology and cancer center
• 3 rural health clinics
Interested in joining our team? Find your opportunity below!
Altra Healthcare is seeking a full-time Cardiac Sonographer/Echo Tech. Relocation assistance and sign-on bonus are available for qualified candidates. The Cardiac Sonographer functions as a healthcare provider who, working under the delegated authority of the supervising physician, serves as a medical imaging professional providing clinically relevant information to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The Cardiac Sonographer role and responsibilities include providing diagnostic cardiac sonography services as well as other cardiac diagnostic testing.
The successful candidate would possess the following qualifications:
• Credentialed by either the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography or Cardiovascular Credentialing International. Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS)
• BLS required.
• ACLS required within 6 months of hire date.
• Able to perform all basic and select advanced cardiac sonography diagnostic procedures as directed and monitored by appropriate personnel.
• Ability to read and analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and/or policy and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff and customers.
• Must have competent training and knowledge to provide age appropriate care upon hire with formalized age specific training, random competency assessment and testing in compliance with current policy provided. Age appropriate applies to Neo-natal, Pediatrics, Adults, Adolesce.
1. You Will Fit Right In!
With a diverse and inclusive family-oriented community, step into a simpler way of life, including minimal traffic and more than 300 days of sunshine each year. You will enjoy four-season outdoor adventures…hiking and sandboarding at the Great Sand Dunes, fishing gold medal waters along the Conejos River, skiing at Wolf Creek Ski Area, rock climbing and mountain biking, just to name a few.
2. Join Our Pursuit of Excellence
Through our unwavering commitment to provide superior patient care and retain the highest quality staff, you will benefit from training and volunteer opportunities that have paved the way for our hospital to attain its four-star rating.
3. Take Care of Yourself
Altra Healthcare values its employees above all else. You will find support in pursuing your personal and professional goals through our wellness and educational assistance programs, as well as our traditional benefits package.
4. Explore Your Creative Side
The San Luis Valley is home to many nationally acclaimed artists and musicians, with ample opportunities to enjoy their works through year-round performances and festivals, including the Creede Repertory Theater and the annual Alamosa Artwalk