Title: Quality Director
The Quality Director is responsible for managing and directing hospital wide activities related to continuous improvement of clinical quality outcomes. Serves as a leader to achieve the hospital’s strategic objectives in quality, regulatory, safety, patient safety, process improvement, clinical/care process management, and pay-for-performance programs. Primarily responsible for designing and implementing systematic approaches to achieve expected outcomes and improve the patient experience. Acts as a role model and coach in creating a culture of safety and quality throughout the hospital. Works with managers to coordinate a consistent strategy of comprehensive patient-centered care. Supports hospital and medical staff leadership in performance improvement activities. Manages staff supporting data gathering, analysis, and reporting of quality processes and outcomes.
The Quality Director reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Mental: Stressful environment with frequent crisis intervention and creative problem solving required.
Physical: Involves constant walking and standing. Frequent sitting, reaching, twisting, squatting, lifting, and handling of equipment. Frequent exposure to blood and body fluids. Frequent exposure to communicable disease/illness.
* Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Colorado
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred
* CPHQ preferred or willing to obtain
* Understanding of the use of data and basic statistical understanding with the ability to interpret data reports and determine appropriate actions to achieve necessary change.
* Minimum 3 years of healthcare experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
* Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills required.
* Able to present and communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and with outside agencies.
* Working knowledge of Federal and State regulatory requirements, quality assessment and Performance Improvement methodologies and hospital medical staff structure is preferred.
* Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, integrity and diplomacy
* Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills required for effective and creative leadership in working with all levels of the organization, including physicians, committees, senior management, and trustees, as well as patients and their families.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. May need to work overtime as need arises. Work in clean,
well-lighted, heated and air conditioned area. Exposure to unpleasant sights, smells and infectious diseases possible